Sunday 4 March 2012

LOOK INTO SHIFTY

As part of the research into which distributor to go to I looked at 'Shifty', an urban thriller set in the outskirts of London, covering 24 hours in the day of the life of a drug dealer. Distributed by Metrodome Distribution.



This image also contributed to the research into cinematic posters. The pull quotes used, ratings by magasines such as Total Film all give credibility which may entice viewers aswell as establising the genre of the film. The colour scheme visually addresses audience with the yellow and black colour scheme (similar to that of Layer Cake) which has connotations of danger (as in nature, the yellow and black colours of a bee or wasp mean imminent pain) and is also known to have been successful in the past. 


I also vistied the Film Education site on which I found a transcript of an interview on video by the producers of Shifty

'Rory Aitken (RA): Hello, I'm Rory Aitken. I'm one of the producers of Shifty.
Ben Pugh (BP) I'm Ben Pugh. I produced Shifty with Rory'


 

No comments:

Post a Comment